top of page
The course is designed for distance learning. Louis Berkhof’s Systematic Theology will be the textbook used. Each student will be provided with written lectures covering the entire course. There will be exams at the end of each term. In the final term of Systematics II a Discourse will be required to be submitted. There will be tutorials throughout the course.
Systematic Theology I
• The Doctrine of God - His Being, and Works;
• General and Special Revelation;
• The Doctrine of Man in Relation to God;
a. Man in Original State
b. Man in the State of Sin
c. Man in the Covenant of Grace.
• The Doctrine of the Person and Work of Christ
Systematic Theology II
• The Doctrine of the Person and Work of Christ (continued):
a. The States and Offices of Christ;
b. The Atonement – Its Nature, Necessity and Extent.
• The Doctrine of the Application of Redemption
i. The Operation of the Holy Spirit,
ii. Common Grace
iii. Mystical Union
iv. Regeneration and Effectual Calling
vi. Faith, Justification
viii. Perseverance of the Saints.
• The Doctrine of the Church
The Nature, Power and Government of the Church
• The Means of Grace
Word and the Sacraments (Baptism, the Lord’s Supper)
a. Physical Death
b. Immortality of the Soul
c. Intermediate State
d. The Second Coming
e. Millennial Views
f. Resurrection of the Dead
g. Final Judgment.
bottom of page